WHY I HAVE NEVER COMBED MY HAIR SINCE I STARTED MY NATURAL HAIR JOURNEY

There is so much information on how to care for and maintain our natural hair, most times it gets really confusing 😳 trust me I have been there!
When I started my journey last year, I heard different sermons and prescriptions on how to go about it, I didn't ignore any of those, rather I did my own research and experiments until I found myself.

To comb or not comb natural hair?
Here is all i did for 1 whole year
  *I created a timetable
  *Remained loyal to that timetable
  *Stayed away from tight hairstyles
  *Avoided heat styling products
  *Experimented with a lot of regimen till I found what my hair loves

Comb-free Regimen
  *I deep conditioned once a week
  *Section hair in medium and big chunks(as my hair grew longer)
  *Twist/braid the sections after washing
  * Detangle & finger comb with my natural comb #Fingers with the use of my homemade coconut oil
  *Moisturize and seal 2 times a day with my Spritz(Water, Coconut oil, JBCO, Tea-tree, ACV & Aloe vera juice)
  *I do the Onion juice treatment at least once in 2 weeks
  *I apply my favorite Cantu leave-in Argan oil conditioner twice daily and use my homemade Shea Butter to seal in Moisture
  *I balance my protein and moisture treatment by studying my hair and its reaction to different treatments
  *And I drink water a lot more than I used to.

If your present regimen isn't working for you, then it's time to start something new, don't you think?

If you are the type who can't do without combing your hair, then please follow these steps:
  *Section hair with Wide tooth comb starting from back of hair forward
  *Detangle hair in sections from ends of hair way up to roots
  *Keep a spray bottle close by to keep hair moist to help minimize breakage
  *Then comb with wide tooth comb when whole head of hair is fully wet & saturated with a conditioner

NB: The above recommendations applies to those Transitioning as well.

If your hair is shorter in length and you want to maximize your natural curl definition, combing your hair isn't necessary for styling.
There are various styles you should try like the FINGER SHINGLING, FINGER COILS, BUNS, BANTU KNOTS, TWO-STRAND TWIST & many more.

If you found this article helpful, do comment your thoughts below & share article with loved ones via your favorite social media platform below.

Brave.

Comments