August Rush

Happy new month to you all.
I am deeply sorry i haven't been keeping you all up to date, i have been under the weather but am back now so you not going to miss out on anything.
Lately i find myself wanting to say 'hi i like your hair, your brows are perfect wow' to virtually every beautiful lady i see, but honestly i cant because i will be telling a lie or deceiving them which brings me to today's topic "TRANSITIONING NATURALIST"

TRANSITIONING: this is the process of eliminating chemical treatments(relaxers) and allowing the hair to grow out while gradually trimming off all chemically processed ends.
I am a product of these, that's why i can talk about this topic, it took me about 6 months to transition and during these period, i did a lot of research about the natural hair care, i went from google to blogs to YouTube videos etc. though some of the sites were very helpful but i was curious about a lot, i had unanswered questions, as a matter of fact some of my friends were always asking me why i want to go natural LOL "i do not go natural, i decided to cherish what i have been given and returned" these was always my response even though i was still lost.

MY JOURNEY: After i loosened my protective style which was a fauxlocs, i waited, didn't know what to do so i began questioning a few naturalist friends and boom i started shopping for natural-hair care products, i got fresh coconut oil, mayonnaise, Eco styling gel, Shea butter, black soap, Jamaican black castor oil, pure honey and lastly curlformers.......Oops where do i begin, i asked myself i was so sure the tutorials i saw on YouTube were enough to start my natural hair journey but darlings, it wasn't in fact first trial was a disaster, i had split ends, breakage, dandruff and my hair became so so hard to comb so i made up my mind and decided to do the big chop uhn uhn YES i did sister girl and i loved it, it made everything easier to do.
We all know that permed/relaxed hair can be really soft, beautiful, straight and silky, however our natural hair is pure curly divine and more beautiful.

MAINTENANCE:I will list out steps i took during these journey and i hope it helps someone somewhere.
        .I drank lots of water, i never got tired of it and gradually it helped prevent my hair from dryness
        .I got a bottle of sulfate-free conditioner from a nearby store and i used it regularly, i mean every day and it helped replenish my hair with moisture
       .I learnt how to deep condition on YouTube, so i incorporated my mayonnaise mixed with coconut oil and pure honey, applied it once a week for 30 minutes, this was not just giving my hair a new life but it made me proud because my hair became really soft, shiny, moisturized and totally healthy that i decided to name her "Sally"
      .Learnt about the hot oil treatment, the inversion method. the use of onion juice and many others as a means to promote hair growth, i did that twice a week and gladly it helped restore length and help stimulate my hair follicles.
     . Lastly, i got Biotin supplement to help strengthen my hair and promote hair growth, then i waited.
Today, my hair-length is 5.5 inches, i did my BC on the 10th of July 2015, so the journey continues.

If you have natural hair tips and advice for me, do not hesitate to share using the comment box below.

Comments